Sunday, April 13, 2008

A day of Geocaching with the family.


Today we cooked crumpets for breakfast and then set off to geocache for the day. I was armed with my friends Garmin etrex GPS & DH had his satnav . We went to the area of wickwar just outside bristol so not a huge daytrip but we were out all day . I had already put in the cache co-ordinates into the GPS ,a thing DH couldnt do with his. We were all dressed up , raincoats and wellies and off we went, oh and a packed lunch.

We found a few caches and i took a pic of my youngest daughter in the stream ... what a beautiful surrounding ,look at the little bridge too. just noticed my daughter needs a hair cut !!!
weve decided to buy a etrex H & really happy with the price too.

9 comments:

barmyowlscoo said...

Lovely photo Jay and it looks like the sun was out for a bit to.

Shirley said...

Great photo and what a lovely way to spend a day.
I have friends who geocache and they love the challenge of finding a cache :)

Unknown said...

Lovely pic! Sounds like you had a good time.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Geocaching sounds fun! Nice photo of your daughter.

Fe-Fe said...

Sounds like you had a fab day Jayne. Lovely photo of your daughter.

Inspiration Alley said...

Great photo. I keep think about trying geocaching myself.

Anonymous said...

Geocaching sounds excellent! Like a big treasure hunt? The pic is lovely :)

jay670120 said...

For all of you that havent tried Geocaching you should try.... go borrow a sat nav or a GPS off of someone and have a go. (if u do have a satnav its got to be a model that you can put in co-ordinates , my husbands was only £80 two years ago and u could pick up the same model for £30ish now on well known online auction site)
we have had so much fun. We are buying a cheaper brand GPS (garmin etrexH) but only because i wanted one for myself and it is a bit more rugged.

Cass said...

Sounds like you had a fun day out.Super photo.

Cass xx